|General Membership Meeting
September 4, 2007
Secretary’s Report - Paulie Skaja-Bell
Treasurer’s Report - Nancy Hanson
- August minutes approved; filed for future audit.
Director-at-Large - Rob Bell
- No income in August; Expenses of $2,126.93
- Checking balance $19,635.25; owe $16,600 on groomer
- Report approved; file for future audit
Trail Coordinator - Steve Hohag
- Shared Monticello mayor wants to cut off trails through city; discussion
about whether people in the group should attend meeting to show support.
Led to discussion about whether members should communicate with towns
or just watch activity in communities to make sure nothing is taking
place that will adversely impact trails. Rocky will compile a list of
links and forward to Rob who will forward to membership. Rob requested
anyone having email addresses please get them to him; the more people
that receive communication via email the stronger the organization can
- Getting $23 extra per mile based on 150 miles.
- GPS of miles is planned to be completed this winter; NWT members will
be included in the process. Outcome will include accurate representation
of trails; identify buildings, bridges and other items on trails; and
determine terrain, such as wetlands, fields, ditches, etc.
- Discussion about trail section that closed by Medina in past; will
- Land own gift certificate project. Mike has been contacting the businesses:
No from Creekside; new ownership; Yes from all others except ChooChoo
and Millside, still trying to reach those managers. Rocky will finalize
the letter and get it printed; will make "where to mail certificate
to" more clear and way to mark business name. Email Bob so they
have them for their meeting.
- Joel created an article to be submitted to each city that can be included
in their newsletter.
- Club dinner: September 13 at Broadway Pizza - Rogers at 7:00pm
- Scrapbook project: they are being stored at Mike Johnston's home
now; he has ideas for digitizing them. Does anyone have access to a
- Create calendar of events that includes meeting dates, club dinner
dates and locations, and other key dates.
- Track has made NWT an offer on our 2005 groomer for the purchase of
a 2008 groomer because they have buyers and no used groomers to sell;
a groomer amortization schedule will be prepared by Mike C for analysis.
- Purchased two used snowmobiles for safety training; $600. Some work
will be required to get them running
MnUSA - http://www.mnsnowmobiler.org
- Region 8 is hosting Fall Workshop
at Kelly Inn in Plymouth; will need volunteers; Oct 26 - 28.
- Swap meet is November 9 - 11; need workers.
- MnUSA looking for volunteers to run for office at annual meeting.
Adjournment: 8:57 p.m.
- Membership: Membership
dues are due - $25 including MnUSA membership. Invoices will be sent
- Map: Maps are available
for distribution. Map boxes are at the shed.
- Safety: Information
is getting updated on the web site and with DNR.
- Tuesday, October 2 at Medina
- Board Meeting, 6:00 pm; Happy Hour, 7:00 pm; General Meeting, 7:30
address so that we can communicate more efficiently!
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know
your address. Thank you!!